Subscribers are now able to create their own playlists through the Android app. As an admin, you have the ability to create ‘collections’ available to your subscribers. In essence, these are your playlists you make public to your subscribers.
With this mobile release, your subscribers can create, edit, add to, and delete their own playlists. These playlists are private and unique to each subscribers’ accounts.
Your subscribers are able to:
- Create Playlists
- Edit Title and Description of Playlists
- Add Media to Playlists - Video, Audio and PDFs included
- Add Media to Multiple Playlists
- Remove Media from Playlists
- Autoplay Playlists
Playlists on the Android App
With the new Playlists feature, we added a Library tab to the Android app to support activity specific to each subscriber including Downloads, Favorites, Playlists and History.
- Library tab is now found at the top of the app. This tab caters toward each individual subscriber and collects all subscriber preferences in one place.
- Subscribers will see their Recently Watched media carousel, Downloads, Favorites, Playlists and History. All of the items within each will show the same on the web as well.
- Subscribers can create playlists by going to any video and clicking the ‘+’ icon. Select ‘+New Playlist’ and fill in ‘Name’ and ‘Description’, which is optional. Select ‘Create Playlist’ and subscribers will see a check mark by their new playlist. This means that the playlist is created and that media is being added to it once they hit ‘Save.’
- Subscribers can add media to multiple playlists at once.
- Playlists are displayed as full width media cards. Once a subscriber selects a playlist, the media thumbnails in the playlist along with brief summaries show up in the order they will autoplay.
- Subscribers can select ‘Edit’ to remove media and drag and drop to reorder their playlists.
- There is no limit to the number of playlists a subscriber can make.
Other Updates and New Views
As we mentioned, under the Library tab a subscriber now has Downloads, Favorites, Playlists and History.
- The Downloads view is the same full width media cover image line up. The app will also let the user know how much remaining Free Space the device has with an easy prompt to remove downloaded content.
- The Favorites view is a succinct list of all Subscriber favorited media. Subscribers can favorite videos, PDFs and collections.
- In the History view, subscribers can easily scroll down the media to see most recently viewed items with no limit to how many appear in History. All History media is the past six months worth of activity.