You have been asking and we delivered! Gifting will now be a feature available to you just in time for the Holiday Season. Your users will now be able to gift your subscriptions to their friends and family with a simple setup. Gifting is a great way to hook new subscribers or keep existing ones longer. Below is the overview of gifting and how you can use it to bring in extra revenue.
Gifting is a great way to Increase acquisition by allowing subscribers or non-subscribers to purchase gift plans for others. It is also a great way to increase retention by improving the community aspect of your subscription.
On average, 65% of gift recipients spend an extra 38% beyond the value of the gift. You are you going to gain new subscribers but it is a great opportunity to retain those subscribers and have them continue spending after the duration of the gift.
Gifting also opens up an ability to increase brand awareness by reaching a new audience. We highly encourage your members to gift to friends and family and continue to help build your community and brand. Each Giftee can be viewed as a ‘Trialer’ and should be nurtured - i.e: Giftees (new leads) that come through personal recommendations are often the warmest new audience to your brand.
Subscriber Gifting Features & Flow
Subscriber Gifting Features
- Gifts can be purchased by subscriber or non-subscriber
- We have built a separate checkout flow that’s more conducive to gifting
- Gifter can customize the giftee's name, email, and add an optional customized message
- Gifter can send a gift immediately or choose a date and time in the future for the gift to be sent
- Gifter receives a confirmation email at purchase with a receipt for their records
- Giftee will receive an email at the gifter’s chosen delivery date.
- Giftee must redeem a gift; there are no time limits on redemption
- Gifting is available for use on any subscription
- Up to four active Gifting Plans can be enabled per subscription at one time
- Too many options can overwhelm the gifter into not purchasing at all
- No promo codes
- Can track using TIDs and UTMs
- Client can create discount Gift Plans to compare to
- Ex: (3 months: normally $60, now $45)
- Unique URL will be provided for each Gift Plan for marketing initiatives
- Reporting for total Gift Plans sold provided
Activating your gift plan is as simple as three steps:
- Choose ‘Subscriptions’ tab in the left column
- Select the new ‘Gift Plans’ tab within your ‘Subscriptions’
- Select ‘+Add Gift Plan’
*When you have existing gift plans, they will appear within the 'Gift Plan' tab of your account.
- Build and customize your Gift Plans here
- Mandatory Fields:
- Optional Fields:
- Is this a discounted price?
- Can be expressed as a % or $
- Compare at
*The Gift Plan Title should tell the viewer what subscription it is part of, and the duration of the gift to eliminate any possible Gifter confusion at checkout.
'Your Gift Plan was added successfully’ will appear after to confirm your gift plan.
*You can have up to four active gift plans available at one time You can have as many inactive gift plans as you need and your new gift plan will be set to ‘Inactive’ by default.
- Active gift plans are represented by a blue toggle
- ‘Gift Plan URL’ can be used for marketing initiatives
Your CSMs will be able to walk you through this process. If you have any questions reach out to your CSM. We are always trying to improve our features and platform so as we release new interactions, we will update this article.