We recently released updates to the Intelivideo Facebook Pixel implementation. This new event mapping made advertising to dynamic audiences incredibly efficient and easy.
NOTE: This will also be important to communicate to your ad agency as soon as possible because your campaign conversions may change based on your current campaign configurations.
Our Facebook Pixel integration allows you to simply drop your Facebook Pixel ID into the Backlot and enables all site tracking immediately, including the specific custom events we added to the platform.
We defined Facebook's standard event list to map to particular events on your site. We looked at subscriber behavior flow and mapped specific standard Facebook events to the behavior and destination spots.
Keep in mind, these events allow you to create a goal and/or an audience from them.
We recently scrubbed empty data sets, which were throwing warnings. There were no data-tracking issues, just warnings initiated in Facebook Business platform. We eliminated these warnings.
We updated our event mapping on our site, namely the purchase flow mapping. Below are the redeveloped events your Facebook Pixel can efficiently track on your VOD website:
- Our Homepage and Categories pages fire a 'View Content' event.
- Once a subscriber selects, any View Pricing or Subscribe Now button they will land on the Intelivideo Step 1 of the Purchase Flow which presents any pricing plan(s). This page is considered the 'Initiate Checkout' event in Facebook (below).
- After selecting a plan, the 'Add to Cart' event will fire on any of the pricing plan button clicks.
- Once a potential subscriber fills out the Account Creation form on Step 2 of the Intelivideo Purchase Flow, a 'Lead' event will fire upon Create My Account button submission.
- Step 3 of the Purchase Flow is the checkout form. Landing on this page will fire a 'Payment' event.
- There's no change to the 'Purchase' event, which fires on the Thank You page of the Purchase Flow.
Marketers are able to target very specific events (steps) on the site and in the Purchase Flow.
These now inherent events on the Intelivideo themes are hugely valuable for creating different audiences to target or creating lookalike groups from these audiences.
You may also set any conversion goals to these new events — expanding campaign possibilities. Traffic & click-through campaigns, abandoned cart campaigns, and included/excluded audiences are now extraordinarily easy to create dynamic automation in your advertising targeting strategy.
Please reach out to email@example.com for more information.
Updated December 17, 2019