The new Intelivideo purchase flow is designed to be a streamlined process for efficient check out sessions with prospects. From the first touch point to our completed checkout page, we thought through each step of the process including:
- price presentation
- clear security
- digital structure for easy tracking and reporting
We developed this new checkout flow to ensure we enabled the highest standard of design, experience and technical fluency.
- One of the major updates to the payment flow is the checkout steps are now within your chosen theme. Your global header and footer enclose the payment steps, which continues your brand and credibility throughout the checkout.
- There is minimum navigation away from the checkout flow to focus the visitor on the task at hand–subscribing! Clear, simple design helps convey the important information and allow each call-to-action to stand out.
- Each of these purchase flow steps has a unique URL, which makes tracking the stages of the checkout process easier. We also made a platform-wide tracking update to GTM (Google Tag Manager) where you have the ability to track more than just traffic flow from step to step.
- In the account creation step, if a user creates their account and does not proceed to pay, these generate lead accounts. Read more on this in Step 2 (Create an Account).
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with more questions.
The 3-Step Process
Congratulations! Your visitor wants to purchase one of your subscriptions. They will initiate the three-step checkout process.
1. Select a Plan
- The first page they will land on is Select a Plan, which is Step 1 of the Purchase Flow. This step reflects the visible prices set up in your backlot. The order of pricing on the page is dependent on the drag-and-drop order in the backlot.
- You’ll also notice the progress bar with labeled steps above the pricing options. The progress bar is meant to let visitors know how many steps are needed to purchase and where they are in the process. This bar will remain on the last two steps as well.
Notes about Step 1:
- If a shopper already has an account, there is an option to Log In above the plan selections.
- The progress bar tracks stage of checkout and how many stages there are.
- If the prospect is given a specific link with a promo code affixed to it, the promo price will show here beside the prices set to visible in the backlot.
- Best practice would be to show no more than two prices at any given time.
2. Create an Account
- The subscriber’s next step after pricing selection is to Create an Account. This page structure will be the same on the following two screens with the fields needed on the left and the price package on the right.
- This page now eliminates the need for our system-generated password. Potential subscribers use their email and create their own password on this step.
Notes about Step 2:
- We also highlight the fields that may be entered incorrectly, i.e. a user mistypes their email address in the ‘Email Confirmation’ field. A red prompt above both affected fields will show the shopper what to correct.
Big Marketing Opportunity Here!
It’s important to note that this is an essential lead generation opportunity. Potential subscribers who created an account at this step but did not purchase, will be created in our system and subsequently your CRM. They will have First and Last Name, Email Address and Customer Status as a Lead in the customer profile. Please contact email@example.com to put a lead email automation strategy together in relation to this step.
3. Payment Details
- It’s credit card time. The last step after an account is made is to fill in the payment information and any given promo code. On the right, the total (including tax) and the discounted price from a given promo code will show.
- We also built in error validation on this step and no incorrect or invalid cards can complete the purchase.
Tracking and Behavior Flow
Be sure to set up your tracking properly for your new checkout process.
Updated June 11, 2019