Custom Domain Feature
Intelivideo allows for the domain url of your Intelivideo site to be configured to map to one of your own domains. For example if you have the domain https://www.mybrand.com, you can have your Intelivideo site hosted on a that domain or a different subdomain of your website. For example you can have your Intelivideo site domain url be https://www.mybrand.com or https://videos.mybrand.com instead of https://youraccountname.intelivideo.com.
If you wish to have this configured on your site, please contact your Client Success Manager (CSM) and they will walk through the following steps with you.
To setup a custom domain on your account you will need to perform a few simple steps. The steps are listed below will require you to provide an SSL certificate to Intelivideo and to configure DNS entries to enable the mapping of the domain to your Intelivideo site.
Below are the steps required to setup the custom domain url on Intelivideo.
- Determine full domain name to be use to host your Intelivideo site on. Note: You will need to own the domain name and have the ability to make DNS changes for it. (e.g. https://ondemand.mybrand.com)
- Provide the following items based on the information in your domain registration account
Country Name (e.g. US)
State or Province Name (e.g. California)
Locality Name (e.g. Los Angeles)
Organization Name (e.g. Widgets, Inc.)
Organizational Unit Name (optional, e.g. Digital Publishing)
Common Name (e.g.ondemand.mybrand.com)
Email Address :
- Intelivideo generates and provides a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) to client to use when purchasing the SSL certificate.
- This file is provided as a text file.
- When the client generates an SSL certificate the SSL provider will require a CSR which is provided by Intelivideo
- If asked what server to download the certificate for, select Apache. This is a common question when downloading on Go Daddy.
- The certificate can be delivered in many secure manners, work with your CSM to find what works best for you
- Intelivideo will send back a specific url to be used when creating the CNAME on your DNS.
- A CNAME record is used to alias the client’s domain url to the Intelivideo url.
- Intelivideo will test the final configuration of the setup and let you know the results
- When the setup is done, all traffic to that specific url is live and sending traffic to your Intelivideo site